|Photo by Oleg Magni from Pexels|
- The rush to (low) quality - an insane focus on price which blinds consumers to the fact that they are buying rubbish. Well, until the small child tells the truth about the "King's new clothes".
- The focus on growth in profits, revenues, influence -which sees firms conspire with suppliers to purvey cheap goods.
- The march of "science" and "marketing" - which sees consumers ready to fill themselves with chemicals masquerading as food.
- The importance of "Brand" and image, at the cost of authenticity and trust.
- The march of technology - which provides consumers with an almost painless shopping experience (until they see their bank statement).
But that's nothing to do with Higher Education, is it?